Wednesday, May 25, 2011

IKEA-Inspired Swedish Meatballs


I'm pretty sure that there's a lot of us out there who love those Swedish meatballs at IKEA.  Those meatballs, with the cream gravy and cranberry sauce on the side are just delicious.  So last night, I gave a try at making IKEA-inspired Swedish meatballs with the cream gravy sauce.  Instead of fries, I opted to make mash potatoes and serve with salad.  As for the cranberry sauce, well, I took a quick shortcut by buying a small jar of mix berry conserve.  The jam tasted alright, although it was a bit too sweet for my liking, but it did give that berry-sweetness combination to the meatballs and gravy.  The overall combo: pretty close to the ones in IKEA I think! :)


Meatball recipe from here, gravy recipe from here.

So if you're also a fan of IKEA Swedish Meatballs, do give these recipes a try :) Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment