(with chocolate fudge hidden inside!)
I had some left-over raisin breads and have always wanted to try make a bread pudding. But, I could only make do with what I have in the kitchen. Since the ingredients that I have like eggs, caster sugar, milk and butter seem to be the main ingredients in a bread pudding recipe, theoretically, I could still bake a bread pudding.
Here’s how I made my raisin bread pudding:
1. Cut bread into little squares
2. In a bowl, whisk 3 eggs, 3 tablespoons of caster sugar, a cup of warm milk and a dollop of butter.
3. Soak bread squares into the egg mix.
4. Arrange soaked bread squares into a baking dish.
5. I have some left-over chocolate fudge, so I drizzled some choc fudge in between the layers of the breads.
6. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
7. Serve warm, with more choc fudge drizzled on top :)