Saturday, January 22, 2011

Camera Review: Olympus Pen E-PL1

A couple of people have asked me about using Olympus Pen E-PL1, as that's the camera that I'm using at the moment.



I must say, I LOVE my Olympus E-PL1 :) It's like a mini dSLR (it is a mini dslr) that fits snugly in my bag, and so easy to take it everywhere I go. I love the art filters, especially pinhole and grains, and sometimes I like using the pop art and diorama modes.  And I love the fact that the camera has different lenses too, and shoots HD videos. I currently have the 14-42mm and 17mm pancake lens, which you should definitely include in your E-PL1 starter pack.  At least you can play around with two different lenses.  And another thing to love is the "old-school" camera look. If those things that I mention are things that you also like, then you should definitely get an Olympus Pen :)

Here are two of my shots to share:

[Port Melbourne in grains]

[St Kilda Rd in pinhole]

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the first shot you took! You should submit it to National Geography and maybe you could win something :). The second shot looks like a dark tunnel with a bright colourful light at the end of it. Nice colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks zatil! what a compliment! :D oh u know, i've surfed for some competitions thinking about submitting a photo or two just for the fun of it (and who knows, win some cash!), but competitions do cost money too apparently. have to keep on practicing for the moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. aahhhh i'd love to have that in my hands soon!!!! hihihi. the thing is, the shots you took semua nye creative....nice angle and all. i guess good camera wont do anything if it is not being used properly and fully. kan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would say it's all a learning process, ashie. and like everything else, we have to keep on practicing and keep experimenting. i am definitely still learning and experimenting with the camera and taking photos too :) the great thing about digital is that the number of clicks we can snap is endless! (just that you might end up with A WHOLE LOT of photos to go through afterwards je la! haha). What i start to realize about taking photos are two things: the camera and the different combinations of setting to experiment, and most importantly, is teaching our eyes to "see". keep experimenting on what you love :)

    ReplyDelete