Friday, January 7, 2011

Iced Chocolate & Macarons at Laurent Cafe

Photo | iPhone 3GS
Apps 1 | Diptic
Apps 2 | Instagram Earlybird

A friend of mine introduced me to a cafe called Laurent in the city.  It's a bakery type of cafe selling French/European style breads, cakes, pastries and more.  Since it was a warm day that evening, I decided to try their Iced Chocolate, and have a taste of one of their macarons.  I chose Mango-Passionfruit Macarons (just one is enough because I know they would taste sweet and each one cost about two-dollar something).  I would have to say I really liked the Iced Chocolate as it was not too sweet or too heavy.  And I did like the Mango-Passionfruit Macarons very much!  It was not too sweet at all, the texture was good as it was light and chewy, and loved the sweet-sour taste of the passionfruit filling.  These two 'afternoon tea' meal was less than AUD10.  I thought that was alright for a once in a while experience of a new place with warm company of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment